Start at the New York State Welcome Center at the foot of the Thousand Islands Bridge, 43373 Collins Landing Road.
- Take Route 12 west to Clayton
- Continue west on Route 12E to Cape Vincent
- Board Horne's Ferry to Wolfe Island, Ontario, Canada
- Cross Wolfe Island heading north on Route 95
- Board the Wolfe Island Ferry to Kingston, Ontario
- Proceed east on Hwy. 2 to Gananoque
- Take the 1000 Islands Parkway east to Hill Island
- Use the Thousand Islands Bridge system to cross from Canada to the United States via Hill and Wellesley islands.
- Turn into Welcome Center at base of American mainland span of Thousand Islands Bridge.
This Route lets motorcyclsts see both sides of the 1000 Islands and cross five islands via bridge and ferry. Note that border crossing documents are required for inspection at Wolfe Island, Ontario, and Wellesley Island, NY. Ride includes small communities including Cape Vincent (NY) and Gananoque (ON) as well as historic city of Kingston, Canada's first capital. 1000 Islands Parkway is a non-commercial local travel route with views of the St. Lawrence River and islands. Ferry toll is $7 for motorcycles and is subject to change.